"Exceptional outfit specialists in complex brain injury and birth negligence cases"

Legal 500

Community Care Solicitors

This area of law, sometimes called ‘care in the community’ or ‘social care’, and relates to services provided by social services and the NHS to help individuals with their health and social care needs.

This covers a wide range assistance, from simple help with day-to-day tasks to a full programme of daytime and night-time care.  It can include respite care, discharge from hospital, alterations to property which make it easier for a person to stay in their own home, assistance to move to a suitable property, decisions about the care which will be provided and the right care environment, planning for long-term care needs and funding for care.

Sometimes it is necessary to challenge decisions made by public bodies such as the NHS and social services.  There are a number of ways in which to raise a complaint relating to social care, from internal complaints procedures, to appeals and, where appropriate, a Judicial Review of decisions already made.

How we can help

Minton Morrill has a team of expert Community Care lawyers to advise and represent not only recipients of these services but also their carers and family members.  Our aim is to make your voice heard and help you obtain the resolution you need.  We aim to help ensure that those who need this assistance can have the help they need to manage day-to-day tasks and lead as full and independent a life as possible

We have experienced specialists who can challenge the relevant bodies on your behalf.  In those cases where a public body has acted unreasonably, we have extensive experience in pursuing Judicial Reviews to challenge decisions already made. 

Ways in which we can help:

  • Obtaining or challenging an assessment of your community care needs
  • increasing the level/range of community care services provided
  • obtaining appropriate care packages either at home or in a care home
  • Assisting those with disabilities to remain at home, including adaptations to the home
  • Addressing restrictions placed on your care or issues with ‘eligibility criteria’
  • dealing with Powers of Attorney and Court of Protection
  • carer’s rights (as well as rights to a carer’s assessment)
  • the provision of equipment to assist with day-to-day living
  • entitlement to direct payments, personal budgets or individual budgets
  • funding disputes
  • NHS continuing funding
  • protecting vulnerable adults
  • Issues surrounding mental capacity/best interest decisions