Here is where we post any vacancies within our firm. If you are looking for training opportunities please click here.
Clinical Negligence Assistant Solicitor
Minton Morrill Solicitors have an excellent opportunity for an assistant solicitor to join our busy, city centre office.
The work of the Practice is divided amongst the following departments: Clinical Negligence and Private Client (Court of Protection/Wills/Probate/LPAs).
The successful candidate will be primarily assigned to the Clinical Negligence Department but may also be required to provide ad-hoc support to other departments as required. The Practice’s Clinical Negligence Department is ranked as Tier 1 in Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners and deals with high value, complex and challenging medical negligence cases.
The post will involve providing support to the busy clinical negligence team across the full range of related legal activities (to include handling their own clinical negligence caseload, as appropriate).
Maintenance/progress of own caseload:
- Review of incoming post
- Necessary follow up action to progress matters
- Attendance on clients in the office, at virtual meetings, conferences with counsel and at Court
- File and financial management of cases in line with Lexcel and internal practice management standards and department guidelines
- Adequate monitoring of progress on cases
- General coaching and mentoring of junior members of staff
- Contribution to identifying training needs of others where appropriate
- Contribution toward the further development of the department, chairing the marketing committee meetings and liaising with Directors/marketing representatives in other departments
Provision of cover for other team members during absence:
- Reviewing incoming post/checking and signing outgoing post
- Necessary action to progress cases
- Any necessary attendances upon clients/at Court
Provision of cover for other team members as appropriate.
- Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive
- Sound PC skills essential
- Advocacy experience
- Experience of civil litigation, clinical negligence specialist
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients
- Flexible approach
- Ability to work to strict deadlines without compromising quality of service
- 1-4 years post qualification experience
Salary: Dependent on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email outlining career aspirations to Guy Pomphrey on Guy.Pomphrey@mintonmorrill.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: 19 March 2021
Contact/interview Dates TBC