Please fill in our form and one of our experts will get back to you. Alternatively, call our 24 hour number on: 0113 245 8549
Here is where we post any vacancies within our firm. If you are looking for training opportunities please click here.
Clinical Negligence Paralegal Vacancy
Minton Morrill Solicitors have an excellent opportunity for a paralegal to join our busy, city centre office. The vacancy is for a paralegal and consideration may be given to transferring this role into a training contract for the right candidate.
The work of the Practice is divided amongst the following departments: Clinical Negligence, Private Client (Court of Protection/Wills/Probate/LPAs) and Social Welfare (Housing/Community Care).
The successful candidate will be primarily assigned to the Clinical Negligence Department but may also be required to provide ad-hoc support to other departments as required. The Practice’s Clinical Negligence Department is ranked as Tier 1 in Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners and deals with high value, complex and challenging medical negligence cases.
The post will involve providing support to the busy clinical negligence team in all aspects of their work.
Assisting solicitors in the department. Examples of the paralegal work required are:
- Attendance on clients in the office and at Court (where appropriate)
- Assisting with obtaining, reviewing and sorting medical records and chronologies
- Drafting witness statements, letters of instruction to experts and Instructions to Counsel
- Legal research
- Contribution to identifying training needs of others where appropriate
- Contribution toward the further development of the department, including provision of editorial for local publications, making presentations, etc.
Provision of cover for other team members as appropriate.
- LPC (applications will be considered from candidates completing the PgDL/LPC part-time)
- Intermediate PC skills essential
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients
- Flexible approach
- Ability to work to strict deadlines without compromising quality of service
Salary: £18,000 per annum (FT position) depending on experience.
Fixed term contract.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email outlining career aspirations to Guy Pomphrey on Guy.Pomphrey@mintonmorrill.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2020
Contact/interview Dates TBC