Here is where we post any vacancies within our firm. If you are looking for training opportunities please click here.
Private Client Assistant Solicitor
Minton Morrill Solicitors have an excellent opportunity for an assistant solicitor to join our busy, city centre office.
The work of the Practice is divided amongst the following departments: Clinical Negligence and Private Client (Court of Protection/Wills/Probate/LPAs).
The successful candidate will be primarily assigned to the Private Client Department to undertake Court of Protection work. You will work alongside a senior solicitor who is ranked in The Legal 500 and a team of paralegals.
You will handle an interesting caseload of finance and property deputyship matters on behalf of individuals who have lost capacity following a birth injury or accident and have received personal injury or clinical negligence damages as well as those living with dementia and other illnesses.
The team undertake a significant amount of high-value work.
- Drafting applications to the Court of Protection
- Day to day liaison with clients
- Assisting with the purchase and adaption of properties
- Day to day liaison with various professionals, such as case managers, carers, financial advisors, therapists, architects
- Bank account and budgeting reviews
- Attending Financial Advisor meetings to discuss investments
- Meetings with clients
- Liaising with the Court and the Office of the Public Guardian
- Preparation of annual reports
- Billing and file management
- Statutory Wills
- Broad range of private client work, Wills, Probate, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorneys
- General coaching and mentoring of junior members of staff
- Contribution to identifying training needs of others where appropriate
Provision of cover for other team members during absence:
- Reviewing incoming post/checking and signing outgoing post
- Necessary action to progress cases
- Any necessary attendances upon clients etc
Provision of cover for other team members as appropriate.
- Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive
- Sound PC skills essential
- Experience of private client work
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients
- Flexible approach
- Ability to work to strict deadlines without compromising quality of service
- 1-4 years post qualification experience
Salary: Dependent on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and covering email outlining career aspirations to Julia Morrill on email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 28 May 2021
Contact/interview Dates TBC